Survivors of Satanic Ritual Abuse have experienced so much heartache and pain...so learning to find joy and happiness is critical in the healing process.
Here is one of my favorite TV Shows that does just that!
Saturday Night Live:
There are many ways to find joy...here is how I have found some in my life.
1.Spending time with people who love you, support you and have your best interests at heart
2. Giving and receiving love from your pets, giving love/ and learning to receive love from those that you have surrounded yourself with
3. Helping others (This is an important one....one that will truly help both others and yourself when you feel down)
4. Doing things that make you happy (Bubble baths, spending time in nature, spending time with loved ones, making a difference in the world, doing something that you feel passionate about, developing your talents, facing your fears and succeeding, dancing to your favorite music, laughing, doing something special for someone, etc)
5. Looking at things with a sense of humor
6. Cooking, buying something for yourself that you have wanted for a long time, making a personal/ thoughtful gift for someone that you care about to let them know that you care, listening to someone that needs a compassionate ear, enjoying time alone in your cozy apartment, calling a friend and making them laugh with something funny you have to tell them, etc
7. Finding comfort in your belief system, and noticing the special moments in your life when they occur
8.Watching funny TV shows or movies which will uplift your soul!!! I cant stress this enough. My cheeks have hurt from laughing so much while watching comedy or funny movies, this is so important to do.
9.Finding the courage to walk away from those that don't support your growth as a person, and those who are hurtful, unhealthy, and not at all supportive period. What a victory to celebrate! Be proud of yourself and your strength and continue to move forward in your healing!
Even though I haven't had it easy in life, I find when I practice gratitude, self care, and find the joyful moments in my life, it makes everything so much easier.
My wish is that all you survivors are able to find at least one moment of joy---each day in your life.