"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." - Marcel Proust
Gratitude is something that is so vital and important in order for you to continue on your path in healing from ritual abuse. I know you may be thinking, what on earth do I have to be grateful for? Well, despite all of the horror, sickness and suffering that you have experienced in your life, believe it or not, there are a lot of things to be grateful for. Gratitude will not only help continue to pull you through your healing process and give you strength, but it will also help you to focus on the positive instead of the negative. Adopting this attitude will help you focus on all that is good and right in your life, and being thankful reminds you of the gifts and talents that you hold, what you can do with these gifts to help others not so fortunate, keeping you in a healthy frame of mind. The ability to turn your negative experiences around into something positive can impact others in so many profound ways, ways you can not even imagine.
To help you along, I will share what things I am grateful for.
Things That I Am Grateful For:
1. I am grateful to be alive.
2. I am grateful for all of my senses. ( I have the ability to take in all of the beauty around me and keep myself safe by using all of my senses)
3. I am grateful that my mind is intact.
4. I am grateful that spring seems to finally be here!
5. I am grateful for all of the special people in my life that I have chosen to surround myself with.
6. I am grateful that I have been able to place my trust (in regards to my past) with a very "select few" of these special people in my life.
7. I am grateful for my two cats who are so loving, kind, sweet, and funny---animals can teach you so much about what it means to love and trust.
8. I am grateful for the use of my body---I am not confined to a wheelchair and I don't have to depend on others to take care of me.
9. I am grateful that I have everything that I need.
10. I am grateful that I know God.
11. I am grateful for today, and for the hope of tomorrow.
12. I am grateful for my health.
13. I am grateful for bubble baths, skin cream, delicious food, the warmth of the sun, the birds,the butterflies, the flowers, the clouds in the sky, the smell of fresh cut grass, music, my home, my neighbors, my job (Which I love) and the opportunities that life has to offer.
14. I am grateful that God protected my soul from all the evil perpetrated. ( I never lost my ability to see the truth, reject evil, have kindness, compassion or love for others/ animals. The cult did not destroy/break my soul)
15. I am grateful for the ability to think for myself, to stand by my convictions, to be perceptive, sensitive, including intuitive abilities.
16. I am grateful for the ability to laugh, make jokes, and act silly!!!
17. I am grateful for reaching a lot of my goals!
18. I am grateful for nature!
19. I am grateful for the ability to smell the rain.
20. I am grateful for my freedom.
21. I am grateful for my ability to feel things deeply.
22. I am grateful that I can feel the emotions/ energy of other people, as this helps me to be able to support them, and in cases where I sense a darkness to someone, this helps me keep myself safe.
23. I am grateful that I have had deeply moving spiritual experiences.
24. I am grateful when I witness other's acts of kindness.
25. I am grateful that I can learn from others.
26. I am grateful that I went back to school.
27. I am grateful when I experience joyful moments.
28. I am grateful that I get so much pleasure out of cooking!
29. I am grateful to have both of my sweet kitties sleep next to me every single night!
30. I am so grateful that I now have a surgery date so that I can get this thing out of my uterus that has been annoying me to no end !!!
I am sure there is more! I will add to my list when I realize all the other things that I have to be grateful for!!! I hope this short list helps those of you that are struggling to find things to be grateful for in your life. Even if all you can think of is just one thing...you will slowly begin to add to your gratitude list. As when you bring your focus back to what you are truly grateful for in your life, you begin to notice other things that you are so very thankful for.